Energy Vampires


Do you have people in your life that suck the life out of you? I had a conversation on the phone the other day. Up until that point my day was productive. I was rocking and rolling..up early, worked all morning and just finished a Pilates workout, sun was shining. Felt great. Had a list of things I wanted to accomplish and was looking forward to my evening. All good. And then Wham....!!! Like someone took a baseball bat to my head....I was stuck on the phone with someone who was in a bad mood. The thought crossed my mind that I should be a friend and just listen to her vent. I certainly have those days too. Before the call was over her voice seemed brighter and we were actually laughing a bit.

I hung up. I wasn't focused on all those good feelings I had before the call. My mood had changed. I was thinking about Junk. Crap I was ignoring before I received the call. Why doesn't my husband ever want to do anything. Why is my son so disrespectful. Why are my kids bothering me. Why is the house such a mess..... I was rattled. That negativity got under my skin and I have been especially sensitive these days to this type of energy.


We don't toss people out of our lives who have problems. Nor should we judge those who choose to stay on the negative side of life or remain victims.

I came up with this question:

How do we support people in our life who are like this or, who are generally not like this and are just having a bad day, and still keep our minds quiet and centered on beautiful feelings.

I've come up with 3 ideas I've used in the past that have worked for me.

1. Practice empathic listening. You are doing your best to understand where THEY are coming from and how THEY feel. You don't have to agree. You are just staying on their side.

2. Tune into your body. keep it loose and relaxed. If you feel your good energy draining from your body, do some deep breathing. See yourself on the beach or watching a waterfall or something visually pleasing.

3. Don't take it personally. It's not about you. Give people the privilege of their own problems. Don't adopt their problems. You probably have enough of your own.

Share your good feelings with others and help heal the planet and the lives around you. Be an instrument of peace.

Stand in your power. That is where all your good work will be done.

Love to all,
Carrie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trans Activism

Exploring Climate Change

Unveiling the Dark Side of the World Economic Forum