Freedom of Speech

Political correctness is suffocating free speech. I wonder if Seinfeld or The Office, two hilarious shows that poked fun at ethnicity, gender and sex would even be produced in today’s politically correct climate. Censorship is a slippery slope.
There are alarm bells going off on higher education that the liberal arts progressives are shoving ideologies in student’s faces and silencing anyone who’s been raised with different values.

If you’re a thinker at all you’ll probably offend some people. I want my teenagers to get an education that allows them to jump into reasonable debates not be told what to think. Student’s should be challenged not comforted. They should be confronted, not coddled. It’s how we grow. They are universities not daycares. Adversity builds character and resiliency. We’ve been seeded by our ancestors with personal responsibility and it’s being blown away by helicopter parenting and now the universities are doing it as well.

I think men and women are different. Call me crazy but I believe science. I don’t support all the LBGT demands but I’m certainly not homophobic. I get to ask where Justin Trudeau is going to get the money to fund all the immigrants coming over without being called a racist. When did everything become so politicized? If you agree that women have a right to make decisions about their own bodies, does that automatically make you a Liberal?

I predict a low turn-out at the polls this fall because, moderate people like myself and most Canadians are bounced right (conservative) on certain issues and toss over to the left (liberal) on other beliefs. How do we pick?

Freedom of speech isn’t a weapon and what’s happening on university campuses is something we should all be concerned about.
Censorship and bending to this mob mentality prevent us from sitting around a table and talking to each other. There’s a small percentage of radicalism and the rest of world shouldn’t be punished for it.

I will not be silenced at a hockey game because some parents feel it’s too much pressure for the kids to have the parents yelling in the stands. How breakable are we?

Freedom of speech is every human being’s right and it should be protected.
Am I The Only One?

Hometown News February 2019





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trans Activism

Exploring Climate Change

Unveiling the Dark Side of the World Economic Forum