WHAT I BELIEVE ABOUT........


Here's an exercise that came to me recently. I've been working on a coaching session about belief systems and how to recognize negative beliefs we hold.

We want to keep and reinforce the beliefs that are nourishing and supportive of us and look at the beliefs that might be detrimental and holding you back in some way and reprogram those.

Write out a few simple sentences like I have done below to each one of these:

What I believe about:

Aging – I believe that you are as young as you feel. That people grow old when they can’t laugh at themselves anymore and take life too seriously. You age when you get set in your ways and stop taking risks.

Death-I believe that when we die we go to heaven to live with a loving Father and Jesus who died for us long ago.

Men-I believe every man is happier when he has a woman or someone in his life who appreciates him.

Women-I believe woman are leaders of world and the strongest species. I believe we are as strong as the Himalayas and soft as rose petals. We need to support and encourage each other at every cost rather than compete.

Myself-I believe I am a divine piece of God and blessing to many people; that my personality shines like a star which is God’s glory manifested through me.

Relationships
-A good relationship consists of two whole people living their own life and sharing laughter, communication, affection and appreciation on a regular basis.

Commitments-I believe you decide what your values are and what you want in your life and then make all your commitments bend to those values and goals.

Marriage-A great marriage is better than anything else in the world. Marriage between two people is liberating when you allow each other the freedom to be who you are and not insist they be any different to satisfy you.

Family-A source of the greatest Joy and the greatest Pain

Children-the greatest teachers of Patience and Fun

Work-Love what you do and do what you love.

Money-since I was 16 years of age my goal about money is to spend it-save it-and never worry. This is a goal I’m proud to say I’ve achieved.

Prosperity-abundance is everywhere – it is our birthright – to be shared – it flows freely.

Investments-important to know you'll have enough money to enjoy your retirement.

Health-the most important thing in the world. The less stress and the right attitude will add years to your life. Good clean simple living helps too


Once you look at where you're coming from you can often understand why you're struggling or thriving in each area of your life. Good Luck! I hope you find this worthwhile.
Love and blessings to you.
Carrie

Comments

  1. Carrie, I was with you until prosperity. There is implicit entitlement in that. Very North American view and neither accurate or reflective of our brothers and sisters in developing nations.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I wish properity were true everywhere. It's meant to be shared yes and it is our birthright. However there are so many people struggling in this world. I hope eventually we will be satisfied here in North America so the world will have enough. Thank you for the read and comment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trans Activism

Exploring Climate Change

Unveiling the Dark Side of the World Economic Forum