Practice the art of extreme self care.

The Best kind of day is when you wake up and know who you are, what you want and where you're going. You step in to that vision everyday knowing the end result. If you don't have any goals, I suggest you spend some time writing some out.

"If you don't know where you are going, you're already there"

Sometimes my thoughts jump all over the place. I'm not focused and my day doesn't go very well. Sound familiar? Maybe something happened I'm obsessing about or I slept in and fell off my routine or one of the kids are sick. We all have days when we get thrown off our path. I seem to have conversations I don't want to have with people I don't want to have them with. I seem to do things I don't want to do. I'm reluctant. Lots of maybe's but no definite Yes's.

We have to be really nurturing and kind to ourselves on these days. I have a list of enjoyable activities. Things I love to do. When I'm having a rough day, I engaged in these activities. I take a day or an afternoon off. I have a nap or grab a great book. I jump in my hot tub or go for a nice long walk. I go shopping and buy myself something special. I'll wash my car in the driveway or hang my bedding out on the clothesline. I'll flip through a recipe book and try making a new dish. Anything that is going to make me feel better, not worse. Enjoyable activities are the cornerstone of self-development. Be sure that you have your list ready. You never know when you are going to have another bad day.

Words to live by: This too shall pass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trans Activism

Exploring Climate Change

Unveiling the Dark Side of the World Economic Forum